A Little Bit About SESMA Norwich
Teaching in Drayton/Taverham since 1989
SESMA have been teaching Karate, Taekwondo, Kickboxing and Kungfu in Norwich for over 30 years.
The SESMA Studio opened their doors in 2005 and have had many families take that step through our doorway to learning a martial art.
We are one of Norwich’s largest professional martial art centres in the area and hosts many great facilities for the budding martial artist whether you are looking for Karate, Taekwondo, Kickboxing or Kungfu.
SESMA are seen as a local expert in areas of Anti-Bullying, Personal Safety and Life-skills with many local schools inviting SESMA to run courses for their children & staff.
Working with SEND
The instructors are keen to help develop every student to their full potential and SESMA is proud to have helped 100’s of children feel more confident about themselves and contributed to improving school work by increasing children’s concentration and focus.
Parents of children with learning difficulties like Autism, ADD and ADHD have found that participating in a martial art has greatly improved their child’s concentration and co-ordination.
Master Wayne has worked with schools inc The Wherry School with students that have SEND, helping children and young adults with social skills, focus, co-ordination and behavioral issues with great results.
Representing our country
The instructors are proud to have had many of its students compete in local tournaments and have gone on to represent Great Britain at the European Games and World Martial Arts Games.
SESMA have produced over 21 World Title holders and 2 of our instructors have been selected to coach the Great Britain Team.
The Studio is equipped with:
- A wall to wall matted area measuring 14 square metres with a regulation sized sparring area inserted.
- A 10 metre mirrored wall to help students focus and concentrate on improving their techniques.
- A unique 8 metre bag frame with a large variation of bags to help improve kicking and punching power as well as accuracy.
- A second training area for personal tuition and for recording online tutorials & Zoom classes.
- A 6m x 6m competition area to increase the sparring experience for students who may be interested in competing in tournaments.
- A large viewing lounge with seating and hot/cold refreshments for parents wanting to watch their children or wait in comfort.
- A martial arts shop with a large selection of sparring equipment and training weapons.
- A 12 metre viewing area for spectators of karate competitions.
- A 6m x 6m four rope boxing ring for kickboxers that want ring experience. It is also used for kickboxing and boxing competitions.
SESMA continues to work with the community
- Local schools giving advice about bullying issues.
- Community Police with child safety & anti-bullying.
- Broadland District Council
- Forest Heath District Council
- Nest & The Youth Sport Trust
- Children’s University
- Change 4 Life giving families health advice.
- ASDA’s Sporting Chance free classes for under privileged children.
- Vue Cinema providing SESMA karate demo team for opening of block buster films.
- Lucozade Sport
- O2 Awards
- Coca Cola who are an official Olympic sponsor